Global Education Center International Students Office,East China Normal University
Founded in Shanghai inOctober 1951, East China Normal University (ECNU) is one of the mostprestigious universities in China and is sponsored by the national programs “Project211” and “Project 985”.
With two campuses located in Minhang and PutuoDistrict, and with a total area of over 207 hectares, ECNU has long beenreputed as a Garden University for its beautiful campus scenes.
ECNU attaches greatimportance to the internationalization of its development and enjoys a wideinfluence and an excellent reputation around the world. The university hasestablished exchange and cooperative partnerships with more than 150internationally renowned universities and academic institutions. ECNU is one ofthe Chinese universities that first began establishing Confucius Instituteswith foreign universities and institutions. So far, the university has set up 9Confucius Institutes around the world.
Among the over 4,000 strong faculty, 1576 areprofessors and associate professors, including 11 academicians from the ChineseAcademy of Sciences or Chinese Academy of Engineering. Currently, the number offull-time undergraduate students is 14,405 while that of graduate students is15,771. There are also about 5,000 international students studying at ECNU.
Adhering to the university motto of SeekTruth, Foster Originality, and Live up to the Name of a Teacher, ECNU has madeenormous achievements in talent-training, scientific research, communityservice and international exchanges. In so doing, it has significantlycontributed to the development of Chinese basic education and teacher training,and the advancement of economics, sciences and society, both locally andnationally. The development and transformation of the country and the moderninternational metropolis of Shanghai bring huge opportunities to the universityfor its progress. ECNU is steadily and enthusiastically working towards itsgoal of establishing itself as an internationally renowned high-level researchuniversity, with a number of first-class disciplines and a well coordinateddiscipline development, while also taking the lead in the development ofChina's teacher training.
Duration: 4 years
Beginning: early September
Application deadline: Jun.15th of each year
High school qualificationor above with valid foreign passport.
Those overseas applicantswho were nationals of the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan musthave held the valid foreign passport or certificate of nationality for at leastfour years, and over two years (nine-month actual residence in foreigncountries within one year can be calculated as one year, subject to the entryand exit date) of the actual abroad residence record within the last fouryears.
HSK-4 for programs ofChinese language department, HSK-5 for other programs.
Guardian's Letter of Guarantee isrequired for applicants under 18 years old.
1. Apply online
2. You can come to the International Students Office to apply if you arein Shanghai or mail all the above application documents to the InternationalStudents Office if you cannot come in person.
1. High school diploma and transcript ·The original one mustbe in Chinese or English with official stamps of the high school or authorizededucational institute or notarized copy in notarized Chinese or English translation. * Graduatingstudents should provide a certificate of impending graduation.
2. HSK certificate (photocopy) with a passing score of 180or above. HSK-4 for program English (for overseas students), for InternationalCollege of Chinese Studies. HSK-5 for other majors.
3. Passport (photocopy)
4. 800RMB for application fee
5. For applicants of School of design and Dept. of Fine Artmust submit latest original art works. The application documents andapplication fee will not be returned no matter you are accepted or not. UndergraduateStudent(RMB/year/person):
The teaching material fee may vary according tothe program.
1. Undergraduatequalification or above with valid foreign passport
2. NewHSK-5 with a passing score of 180 or above (forChinese-taught programs)
TOEFL/IELTSor other internationally acknowledgeable English level certificate forEnglish taught program. (No need to certify your English level if it is yourfirst language or you have acquired your bachelor’s degree from an Englishtaught program in an English speaking country.)
2.Certificate of Bachelor's Degree. （Graduating students should provide acertificate of impending graduation. ）
* Theoriginal copy of 2 & 3 must be in Chinese or English with official stamps.If it’s not, please also enclose a notarized and translated version in Chineseor in English.
4.Chinese-taught Program: HSK 5 certificate (180 or above)
5. Astudy or research plan (in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words)
6.Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors
8.Medical check report
9.800RMB Application Fee
* Theapplication documents and application fee will not be returned no matter youare accepted or not.
Theteaching material fee may vary according to the program.